Today's date is: May 22, 2018
PAB Site
PAB Home About the PABStaff DecisionsGAOLOC Annual Report Guides to Practice• Employment Law• Labor-Management Relations PAB Regulations EEO Oversight Contact PAB Directions to PAB
About PAB/OGC Charges/Filing Prohibited Personnel Practices Discrimination Hatch Act Unfair Labor Practices Union Representation Proceedings Forms Contact PAB/OGC Privacy
Guidelines Pamphlet


Filing Unfair Labor Practices

Who May File

A GAO employee, labor organization of the GAO, or GAO may file a charge alleging commission of an unfair labor practice (ULP).

When to File

In accordance with 4 C.F.R. §28.121(c), a ULP charge must first be filed directly with the party against whom the ULP charge is alleged within six (6) months of the occurrence of the alleged unfair labor practice. However, the charging party may go directly to the Board in cases dealing with picketing that interferes with GAO's operations, a strike, work stoppage, or slowdown, or if the charged party condoned such activities. See GAO Order 2711.1, Chapter 5, Labor-Management Relations (August 14, 2013).

If the charge has not been resolved within 30 days of its submission to the charged party, or if it is alleged that a labor organization has engaged in picketing that interferes with GAO's operations, a strike, a work stoppage, or a slowdown, the charging party may file a charge with the PAB/OGC. Further, the unfair labor practice charge must be filed with PAB/OGC within nine (9) months of the alleged unfair labor practice.

How to File

A charge may be filed in person, or by mail to the address below:

PAB Office of General Counsel
U.S. Government Accountability Office
441 G Street, N.W.
Room 1562
Washington, D.C. 20548

The charging party shall also serve a copy of the charge on the charged party.

What to File

Persons wishing to file a ULP must file a written charge with PAB/OGC.  A charge may be submitted in any written form (letter, memorandum, etc.).  However, we strongly encourage use of the PAB Office of General Counsel Charge Form. You may obtain this form by clicking on the link or by calling (202) 512-7507.