The GAO Personnel Act of 1980 created an independent personnel system for GAO and established the Personnel Appeals Board.
CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF THE PAB
2020 is also the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For more information regarding the ADA, please go to the EEOC Website.
Procedures during COVID-19
The Personnel Appeals Board (PAB) and PAB Office of General Counsel (PAB/OGC) are teleworking until further notice. Please follow the procedures listed below and note that paper filing is neither being required nor accepted at this time. Any additional updates will be posted on this page.
- Submit Petitions and all other filings via email to email@example.com.
- Additionally, leave a voicemail message at (202) 512-6137 to alert the PAB that a filing has been sent.
- File documents, including Charge forms, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any questions can be directed to the PAB/OGC at (202) 512-7507.
- The Board welcomes new Senior Trial Attorney Mariama C. Liverpool to the Personnel Appeals Board Office of General Counsel. Ms. Liverpool succeeds Frank J. Mack who retired in April 2020 after a distinguished career in the Federal government, including nearly 14 years with the PAB.
- The Study on Disability & Reasonable Accommodation in the GAO Workforce has been published and is available here.
- Suggestions for future Oversight studies are always welcome. Please submit suggestions to: email@example.com.