Filing a Prohibited Personnel Practice Charge with PAB/OGC

Who May File

A GAO employee, applicant for employment, former employee, or labor organization of GAO may file a charge if they believe a prohibited personnel practice has occurred or is about to occur.

When to File

A person must file a charge relating to an adverse or performance-based action within 30 days after the effective date of the action or, if the charge relates to other personnel actions, within 30 days after the effective date of the action or 30 days after the charging party knew or should have known of the action. However, exceptions may be made in the case of continuing violations.

How to File

A charge may be filed in person, or by mail to the address below:
PAB Office of General Counsel
U.S. Government Accountability Office
441 G Street, N.W.
Room 1562
Washington, D.C. 20548

What to File

A written charge must be filed with PAB/OGC. A charge may be submitted in any written form (letter, memorandum, etc.). However, to ensure that the charge contains sufficient information, we strongly suggest that charges be filed using the PAB Office of General Counsel Charge Form. You may obtain this form by clicking on the link or by calling (202) 512-7507.

For further information on procedures after a charge is filed with the PAB/OGC, see What Happens After a Charge is Filed?

Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation.

Ethos Law Group
18 East Broadway
Manhattan, NY 10002